Monday, March 9, 2009

Attorneys who do not defend 'Child Molesters'

I was just ready an attorney's blog regarding child molesters and his not defending them. By not defending, I mean he will not take that person's case.

Although, I do not find an issue with anyone not wanting to do something that they might find distasteful, immoral, or something that makes their day feel not so warm and fuzzy, I do take issue with this.

A person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, right? Well, here is a defense attorney that states he will not defend a 'child molester'. Mr. Attorney, umm, how do you know he did it? If this guy still has to go to Trial, He has not been reviewed in front of the bench as guilty or innocent, then how are you defending a child molester again?

I know several defense attorneys. I have talked to them at great length about what they do or do not do in their chosen field, and what their take on things such as sex offenses are. I have never had one of them say, sorry I will defend a mass murderer that just took out a school of children, but I will not defend a child molester...

How do you make the determination, or is it that he too, the attorney. falls into that majority of idiots that allow the mis-represented fear actually control his thoughts, and allows him to pass judgment when sometimes, none is warranted?

When do the defenders stop defending, and become just another moron that believes information that is not based on facts, nor studies? I guess in this case, I have found that out.

No comments: