Thursday, May 19, 2011

What to do when the chips are gone...

A certain problem has arisen over the last several weeks. An earlier post regarding my wife leaving explains, but I find myself having issues socializing with anyone due to fears I didn't have before.

The problem arises that now that half of my circle of friends has evaporated, and the other half are really only work friends, I find it incredibly difficult to find others to talk to.

Dating sites are obviously out, not for the reasons that you might think though. Why in the world would I even think about dating someone now? I mean, if a 13 year relationship evaporated so quickly, why in the world would I risk putting myself back out there for even further disappointment?

Going out to bars isn't my bag. Got out of that a long time ago. But it is still a fact that humans are social creatures, and thus I need to find that outlet so that I might be able to mingle with others socially to keep a normal happy lifestyle.

It is a difficult thing, especially with my status. I am resolved to tell anyone about my current situation, just as I did initially when put on the registry. I found though that when I told it initially, I lost all but a very small group of true friends. So the question is, how in the heck will I be able to meet others, and inform them of my registry inclusion? This is a problem that I have not had to deal with for several years, and I am out of practice on how to accomplish it in a constructive way.

Any Suggestions?

No comments: