Thursday, May 15, 2008

Honesty Revisited

I was re-reading my original post and saw where I made a glaring omission. This is one that should be unspoken form some, but ignored by others. This glaring omission is honesty to yourself.

Honesty to yourself can be composed of many things. I want to touch on two of them now, and if anyone wants to add to these please comment.

Honesty about your crime. If you are an R.S.O. you know that you have committed a crime. A sexual offense of some sort. Whether it be public nudity, or Aggravated Sexual Assault. Each has their degrees of distastefulness to people looking at you. be honest with yourself and come to the reality that, you did this thing. No matter what the crime is, you did it. You were not talked into it, you were not forced into it. You made the decision to conduct yourself in such a way as to place yourself in the situation. You committed the act, and were rewarded with the consequences. There is no one to blame for them but you.

"Streaking is a harmless action"

For you, it might have been, but for the 5 year old child it was a terrible thing, or the 17 year old rape victim, you have just reopened a terrible experience. This is on you, you did it. Take responsibility of it and move forward in fixing yourself.

"But she lied to me" ( I use the female pronoun because it is easier to relate with)

She lied, or did you not want to see the truth, or not care? If you are interacting on their level, you already know the age is not appropriate with yours. And even if she said '18', there are still certain mannerism that can be seen that are not those of an 18 year old. Those are warning signs. I am betting however that it is understood the age is not appropriate, and you chose to ignore it. So take responsibility.

I have no excuses for those of us that have offended against pre-pubescent children. To me there is no excuse for that. My victim was a teen female, and it is hard for me to understand how anyone could offend against small children.

For those that are reading this, and are not offenders there is a difference between Sexual offenders. Pedophiles are those that seek out pre-pubescent children, There is an entirely different classification for those that are attracted to teen-aged children, and again another for offenders who attack adults.

Does the statement above, that I do not understand those that harm small children, make me better than they, of course not, and I say that now and forever. Now today, I can honestly say that I do not have the attraction for teen-aged females as I did when I offended. I understand that noticing teen-aged females that are physically attractive is a normal behavior. I accept that, however what I do with those thoughts are more correctly geared to what I should be thinking. It is not appropriate for me to look at them in a sexual way as to illicit deviant thoughts. I can be honest, and everyone that reads this has to be honest as well.

Those that sexually assault others need to be honest to themselves. We know it isn't about sex so much as about dominating others. Sexual Deviance is truly about power.

Now to speak on another subject relating to this. The use of costumes, S&M style games, and the lot are nothing more than deviant fantasy leading you down to the same levels as sexual offenders. The argument that one is play acting over another, and that both are willing is tired and incorrect. Deviant Sexual acts are another way that people control, or over-power another.

So basically, I wanted to touch on Honesty again. be honest with yourself, and it becomes easier to be honest with others.

until next time,
S.O.

No comments: